Tower 5 Liter Digital Multi-Cooker Review in UK – T16006
Why Should You Own A Multi-Cooker?
The answer is simple! It has all the power of a pressure cooker without the pressure. With this particular multi-cooker you can create a variety of fuss-free meals whilst preserving vitamins and nutrients. A multi-cooker as it name implies does the work of different cookers; it’s a steamer, a slow cooker, a roaster and it can also fry. It’s the perfect kitchen accessory for a small kitchen and a busy lifestyle.
The 5 litre Tower T16006 Digital Multi-cooker was the latest model just before the release of the Tower T16007. The Tower T16007 is currently out of stock so we’ll be reviewing the Tower T16006 model instead. (On the other hand I don’t believe the T16007 model is any different from the T16006 model but for the avoidance of doubt Cookpot may drop a review comparing both models soon enough.)
This review would examine the contents of the box the multi-cooker comes in, it’s specifications, it notable features, the pros and cons of owning one and very importantly what other people think about it.
What’s In The Box?
- Tower T16006 Digital Multi-cooker
- Stirring paddle
- Measuring cup
- Rice spoon
- Steam tray
- Glass Lid
- Type: Multi-cooker
- Capacity: 5 litres
- Rated Voltage: 220-240V 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 700 Watts
- Material: Stainless steel
- Color: Stainless steel and Black
- Dimensions: 30.5 x 30.5 x 22.7 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Manufacturer’s Guarantee: 1 year
- Programs: Fry, Stew, Meat & Chicken, Bean tendon, Saute & Slow cook, Roast, Steam, Soup, Risotto, Steam and Pasta, Porridge, Rice and Reheat.
- Functions: Multiple cooking functions
NOTABLE FEATURES OF THE 5 LITRE TOWER T16006 DIGITAL MULTI-COOKER
- It has an Easy to ‘Read and Use’ Control Panel consisting of;
- A control that is both Touch and Dial.
- A backlit LED display that makes choosing from an array of pre-programmed cook functions extremely simple. There are also multiple cooking options programmed for commonly cooked food; Rice, Sauté/Slow cook, Soup, Fry, Porridge, Meat, Pasta, Risotto, Roast and Stew.
- A 24 hour timer; and
- A 24 hour Keep warm function to maintain the temperature of the food until you’re ready to serve it.
- It has an Easy to Clean Non Stick Cooking Pot. This multi-cooker just requires a simple wipe down to get it ready for the next use.
- The removable cooking pot also makes it really convenient for cleaning.
- It has a glass transparent lid that allows you to view the progress of your food as it cooks.
- It has a cool touch handle that provides safety when handling. (The cool touch handle avoids burns and accidental flinging of pots due to the shock of a burn; it can also be humorously implied that it prevents waste of food.)
- It has a Stainless Steel Steaming Rack that allows users to cook vegetables and fish without having to worry about them sticking to the cook pot.
- There are also additional accessories which include a stirring paddle with an automated stirring action, a measuring cup and a rice spoon.
This multi-cooker is highly recommended for busy kitchen users like students and working class people who operate in environments that require time management. It’s also very good to carry along while travelling especially if you don’t like to eat out, but I suggest that you go through the pros and cons before making a purchasing decision.
- The manual comes with safety precautions and detailed instructions on how to use the multi-cooker.
- It is deal to take with you on holiday or when you don’t need kitchen large appliances.
- It is Great for beginners learning to cook and who have plenty time to wait for preparation.
- It’s stylish look will give your kitchen a touch of elegance.
- It is programmed to cook different kinds of foods in different methods (steaming, frying, roasting, slow cooking etc).
- The warranty is only valid in the UK: This implies that if purchased outside the United Kingdom it cannot be returned to the manufacturers on the grounds covered in the warranty within one year of purchase.
- The Multi-cooker does not come with a recipe book.
What Other People Think;
Most people appreciate the fact that the functions are clear and are so easy to use. They like that it ‘Looks stylish’. They also comment that it’s great that the stirrer at the bottom keeps the rice moving. One customer said ‘I have used most of the pre set function for daily cooking, very pleased with the outcome especially rice, roasting and the slow cook which I mainly use’. The comments of current users have been largely positive however a few complaints still arise.
One major dissatisfaction is that ‘not even a simple starter guide of recipes is included’. This is a deal breaker for some (especially first-time users of multi-cookers) because they don’t know how to time different recipes and they don’t know what recipes are best suited with the cooker.
Another complaint is that the spinning paddle on the inside gets in the way when not making risotto.
However, I Think;
It is ideal for people who have little kitchen skills. It is good when cooking a 1-4 person meal. It also allows us to put all ingredients together, and leave it to cook on its own. For me the idea of a Digital Multi-cooker is convenience and speed. Tower T16006 gives me both so it’s perfect for me. If you also think it’s a perfect fit for you, you can purchase it here.
There are a few tower Muti-cooker and Pressure cookers out there. They are all good products backed by 100 years of service. I personally believe that if a comapy has been around for 100 years, they must be doing something right. Here are a few other multi-cookers made by Tower.