How to Cook Vegetable Rice in Maxam Waterless Cookware.
This is a guest post by Ajenje of Wibi. Enjoy!!
I wonder how many people would agree with me that Rice is a source of life.
Why this claim? Well, I believe that next to bread (or bun) the most important and most popular common carbohydrate that features on many tables around the world is Rice. Different people cook rice in different nice ways. Its serves as a nice and basic side dish for any meal. Consuming too much of rice is not good. However, Rice cooked with some vegetables bring joy to the soul. And at the same time you get a balanced meal that the whole family will love.
Beef, chicken or vegetable brought brings your rice dishes to a new level of glory so never throw them away.
Vegetable rice is one major meals that I cook at least once in two weeks. My family love this meal. Its healthy and you can make it with any of your cookwares. Its really easy to make but comes out well when cooked in the Maxam Waterless Cookware.
- 2 teaspoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 medium size onion (cubed)
- 1/2 cup of frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup of diced carrot
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat up your large cookware (use your 12 inch size)
- Add oil to the cookware, when its hot then the onion
- Stir the onion to avoid it burning and until its transparent
- Then add the diced carrot, green peas and sweet corn, then fry for a bit.
- Add curry powder and mix well
- With your plastic spoon or your washed fingers break up the rice
- Then add to the pot and mix the rice and veggies well
- Add the soy sauce and mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Allow to cook together for the next 7 mins staring at half the time. Then serve with a nicely grilled chicken.
Enjoy with a glass of freshly made apple cider.